Thursday, July 12, 2012

How do you pun "Reykjavik?"

I initially had a litany of complaints, clever observations, and mundane airport-related anecdotes lined up to mark our arrival in Reykjavik. Instead of that, here's a shot of the sun setting over the harbor at 11:45pm.
Incredible. That's one item off the bucket list. Well, technically, "see the midnight sun" was the item. "See the approximately midnight sunset" is, I feel, an improvement. So there.

I guess this one can be the midnight twilight:

..I actually can't tell if that turned out, this monitor is dark. Anyway. We've made it here to Iceland, the bikes are intact, and the plan is to hit the road tomorrow morning. The air is cold, the cats are friendly, and the frozen yogurt is sold by weight. I think we will do alright here.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you eat the poisonous ice shark
    http://food-nutrition.knoji.com/10-weird-and-strange-foods-from-iceland/

    ReplyDelete