Monday, July 9, 2012

Back in the Saddle!

It hasn't even been two years since Matt and I returned from Japan, and yet, here I am again, with bike boxed and plane ticket in hand.

View Larger Map To Iceland! Inspired by tales of Viking history unique geological formations escaping the Great North American Heatwave watching Jon Snow traverse the lands north of the Wall on Game of Thrones, I've decided to circumnavigate the island by bicycle, starting tomorrow.

Unfortunately Matt wasn't able to join me this time. I suppose the pressures of having things like "property" and "a girlfriend" can tie a person down! However, a new challenger has presented himself and perhaps foolishly agreed to enter my Wheelhouse of Pain. Adam, remember the cycle tourist's mantra: "It doesn't have to be fun, to be fun!"
(I'll try to arrange for Adam to be able to post here as well, which Matt will get to when he fixes the layout and banner! ie, never.)

Twelve thousand kilometres and counting! Ready for another run, ol' girl? (The Working Horse responds: "Да.") As ever, postings will be unpredictable, but I'll do my best to maximize interesting picture content and minimize self indulgent punnery. Also, that's not true as I will be doing the opposite of that. Actually why don't I get this out of my system right now:

Back to packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment